Today the World Health Organization declared a public health emergency of international concern over the global outbreak of coronavirus. Earlier today, the World Health Organization identified 8235 confirmed cases worldwide, in this rapidly evolving health crisis. At this point there are three confirmed cases in Canada.
According to Alberta Health Services, the Coronavirus is an airborne virus with symptoms similar to influenza and other respiratory illnesses ranging from common to severe respiratory illnesses including:
• Difficulty breathing;
To help protect against all respiratory illnesses, including the flu and Coronavirus, we encourage you to practice and share these tips with your loved ones:
• Use good hygiene practices such as frequent handwashing with soap and water;
• Use hand sanitizer that is 60% alcohol-based if soap and water are not available;
• Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill;
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue;
• Contact 811 Health Link if you have questions or concerns about your health.
We continue to monitor this evolving health crisis and we will continue to update.