Why a Sweepstakes?
We are so grateful to people like you who support the life-saving work we do that helps people struggling with lung disease. The 2019 Sweepstakes campaign is our way of saying “gracias” to everyone who has helped get us to where we are today.
It wasn’t that long ago that many respiratory disorders were untreatable, causing poor quality of life for thousands of children and adults. Yes, we’ve made great progress however our work is far from over. Lung disease is one of the top three diseases that take the lives of Canadians each year and it is on the rise. This campaign will help to remind us all of the importance of funding leading edge
lung research and treatments that give hope to people who are suffering today.
But for now, let’s get this party started!
We have some great prizes in store in this year’s sweepstakes – a fantastic dream vacation to Spain as our grand prize, a final draw consolation prize and two spectacular early bird giveaways. And like with our past sweepstakes campaigns, your entry is free! Just
complete the Official Entry form below. And you don’t have to make a donation to be eligible, but of course we would be grateful for any amount you can send along with your entry!
So pack your bags and get ready to dream big!
|If you like to take mini vacations closer to home or prefer to travel to exotic locations, the 2019 Sweepstakes has something for everyone. Here’s a look at what you could win! Send in your Official Entry Form before June 28, 2019 to be eligible for ALL prizes.|
TWO EARLY BIRD PRIZES!
$1,000 cash or a deluxe set of luggage – YOU CHOOSE!
Retail Value: $1,000.00
U Drive - West Edmonton Mall
Retail Value: $1700.00
August 30, 2019 - TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL!
Brush up on your Spanish for an exciting trip for two to sunny Spain! You and your guest will receive round trip airfare from Calgary or Edmonton to Madrid where you will enjoy a nine day guided coach tour throughout the country. Package includes airport transfers to and from hotel, select meals, 2 nights in Madrid, 2 nights in Barcelona and plenty of sightseeing throughout Spain, including Seville, Granada and Valencia and spending money of $1000.00!
CONSOLATION PRIZE! August 30, 2019
A separate draw will be made for a consolation prize for a lovely three night local getaway at Tunnel Mountain Resort in Banff, AB or similar value.
FINAL PRIZE CONTEST CLOSES AT 1:00 PM AUGUST 23, 2019.
FINAL DRAW AT 1:00 P.M. ON AUGUST 30, 2019.
This is how your support helps make a difference in the lives of our residents with lung disease:
• The child who no longer has to miss school because he has learned how to manage his asthma
• Youth educated on the impacts air quality, tobacco and e-cigarettes has on their health
• Babies who can leave hospital earlier because they have received lifesaving equipment that helps them breathe easier
• Transplant patients who can concentrate solely on recovery without worry over financial constraints
• World class research, discovering new treatments for lung disease every year
Will you be this year’s winner? Get your entry in early:
1st Early Bird Draw – July 5, 2019 (deadline to enter June 28 at 1:00 pm) for $1,000 cash or deluxe luggage for your travel plans
2nd Early Bird Draw - July 31, 2019 (deadline to enter July 26 at 1:00 pm) for the U drive to WEM package
Final Draw and Consolation Prize – August 30, 2019 at 1:00 pm (deadline to enter August 23 at 1:00 pm) for the vacation package of your choice plus $1,000 spending money. A consolation prize of the U-drive to Banff package will also be drawn on August 30, 2019.
Remember, you can’t win if you don’t enter!
The first contest closes at 1:00pm on June 28, 2019
2019 Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. Entries must be received before 1:00pm on August 23, 2019, the contest closing date for the grand prize and consolation prize winners.
2. Following the closing date, a random selection will be made from among all eligible entries received. Two different names will be drawn for the final draw: one for the grand prize and one for the consolation prize. Final draws will be made at 1:00pm on August 30, 2019.
3. There are two early bird prizes. The 1st will be drawn on July 5, 2019 with a closing date of June 28, 2019 at 1:00pm. The 2nd will be drawn on July 31, 2019 with a closing date of July 26, 2019 at 1:00 pm.
4. Prizes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable, with no cash value except for the cash early bird prize and must be accepted as awarded with the exception of the winner of the grand prize trip package who may select a different trip of equal value as the trip described in this brochure.
5. Only one prize per entry will be awarded.
6. The odds of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries.
7. The contest is subject to federal and provincial laws and is void where prohibited by law. By entering, the winner agrees to the use of their name and location by The Lung Association in a publicity announcement. The Lung Association assumes no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected or delayed.
8. To be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Alberta or NWT who has reached the age of majority and who is not an employee or officer of, a member of the immediate family, or domiciled with an employee or officer of The Lung Association or its advertising or promotional agencies.
9. All efforts will be made to accommodate the winner, but Vision Travel reserves the right to refuse any request. All travel prize winners must travel before September 30, 2020.