The Lung Association’s Breathing Space will be the first facility of its kind in Canada. It will provide a sanctuary for lung transplant patients and their families, giving them much needed “breathing space” in their fight to regain their strength and vitality.
- The Lung Association’s Breathing Space will be the first facility of its kind in Canada.
- Financial stress on families is tremendous and some choose death over financial ruin.
- Edmonton's transplant program is ranked 2nd in Canada and 6th in the world.
- One in 5 Albertans and one in 5 Canadians are living with lung disease.
- 77% of transplant patients live outside Edmonton and surrounding areas.
- Patients experience a significant amount of stressors causing their mental health to be at risk.
The top 4 lung diseases our patients are suffering from:
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)